1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

single HX40 on 305?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BoostedDownUnder, Aug 12, 2009.

1. BoostedDownUnder

Just curious to hear peoples opinions on how well a single Holset HX40 with a 16cm^2 rear housing would work on a mild or stock 305?

2. Stav

Ive seen a couple of single 12cm 7blade HX35s on stock 302Ws now, and they work surprisingly damn well, even though youd think theyd be way too small.
    Turbines flow so well they dont choke the engine like youd think, and spool out of nothing like youd think.
    Going by the mph# id say both cars even with the 35s would be coming on for 500 horse

So an educated guess would be a 16cm hx40 would work fine as long as you dont expect to get insane power.

3. TexasTwins

I'd try to find one with a 60mm comp wheel though

4. Drac0nic

I've got one of these floating around based on what I've seen 400-450 at the wheels isn't unrealistic. Samhain had a similar turbo (It was either an HX35/40 hybrid or an H1C/H1E hybrid) on his car and it made darn good power. For a 305 I would imagine this would do quite well. I have a PSD turbo I am planning on using for mine with similar dimensions.

5. livefast1

my h1e on my stock 4.6 longblock works well.

6. BoostedDownUnder

What sort of numbers is it making?

7. Drac0nic

8. BoostedDownUnder

Approx how many #'s of boost would you need to acheive that sort of power using one of these on a 305? I know that's a bit of a vague question but just trying to get some ideas :doh: