1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

355 or 383 and with a on3 80mm or 7875

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Bigbrute, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Bigbrute

What whould be the best bang for my buck? Im starting my first turbo build was going to do a 6in rod 355. But my firend at the machine shop has been pushing for me to do a 383. Either combo is getting top off with a set of dart 200 an a hyd roller. Nothing crazy blowthrow on e85 . coming from a high compression small cube small block so all of the assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Bad Medicine Racing

If you already have the parts to do a 355 I would use them. The main benefit to a 383 would be more torque off boost. It will make more power everywhere, but you will really notice it out of boost.

And there is no way I would run anything on 3. If you must run Chinese copycat stuff, buy from VS Racing. Personally I would get a basic S475 for $650 and have a top quality unit that's easily upgradable.

3. T6Rocket

The 383 will also get into boost at a lower RPM, which can cause traction issues.

Al

4. Bigbrute

I have a forged 350 crank still have to get rods an pistons . but the on 3 i have a good friend that works there an has had multiple fast combos with there tubos . even drove his neon in colledge as a daily with lil less then 350 to the tires going from coulubus to lima twice a week.