1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.5L build stuffing in 1993 Defender

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by sedgehammer, Jul 7, 2024.

1. sedgehammer

Howdy. I'm building a 1993 110 defender for me boy. We've vacillated over several different engine choices the past couple of months from a 1,000 HP 5.9 24 v to a 600 HP 5.7 twin turbo LS then a 600 HP 6.2L twin turbo LS and now we're fairly well settled on the 4.5L. We need it to get pretty good MPG and around 500/600 HP (yeah, I know). With all that I've been engine searching and I came across this new BLK PRO Cummins on EBAY BLK PRO 4.5L engine. I was lookin at a FED EX truck that has the 4.5L, but that is at a auction next month. Would have to have it hauled here and then take it apart and rebuild it. I think this engine has the ECM with it, but would need to follow up if we decided to go that direction

We do want the newer engine vs the 3.9L (4BT) engine. A little bigger and better fuel burn with direct injection

Short story long, anyone have any familiarity with this outfit and/or the 4.5L?

Thanks

2. Wallace

Sounds like an interesting project. Where are they getting 270hp? The Cummins site lists the latest euro 6 at 210.
    https://www.cummins.com/engines/isb45
    Reading the description it sounds like the ECU is complex is there a tuning application available?

3. sedgehammer

we have a guy that said he can tune it. he does a lot of exotic tuning on cars. people from commiefornia bring their cars to him