1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

65 Falcon to 62 Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Briansshop, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Briansshop

I changed my mind on the Factory Five car for now,might revisit it later. Bought a 65 Falcon online from Cali. Looks to be very clean,fingers crossed. It just got picked up yesterday,and should be here next week.

[​IMG]#ad

Plan is:
    427W with twin BW 66s, Holley Dominator
    T56M,Tilton clutch
    Must II IFS,coilovers,Wilwoods
    4 Link,9 ",Wilwoods
    8.50 Cage

Plan to get at it right away,want to be driving it next spring/summer.

2. Joeyman

this is going to be a fun build, what are you thoughts on the T56mag trans? I have been thinking about buying one for my turbo fox

3. Briansshop

I've always been a manual trans fan,just so much more fun to drive than an auto. I've never had a T56M,but man, they seem unbelievable. The Supra and Mustang guys are putting stupid HP through them,with no mods. Can't wait to try it out!

[​IMG]#ad

Pro-SC and Russell like this.
  4. Russell

I really don't know anything about different brands of clutches. What's special about Tilton clutches / why are you using it? Will this more of a street car or race car?

5. Joeyman

Just send that trans over to me!

Where did you buy it? Have you seen the sxt shifters for them? It's an extra $299 bucks tho

6. Briansshop

Car will be on the street much more than the track. Have read good reviews on the Tilton. The dual disk sprung hub - nice on the street - is rated to 800lbs ft of torque,but they told me on the phone it'll hold 1000lbs ft.

Joey, I bought the trans from Speedway Motors, they had a discount,85 bucks I think it was, and free shipping.

Russell and Joeyman like this.
  7. Briansshop

8. Pro-SC

9. Pro-SC

10. Pro-SC

Not sure how that double post happened......

11. Briansshop

The sequential is cool!

12. Russell

They maybe more for race cars but I have heard alot of good things lately about the adjustable long style clutches from Black Magic.

13. Briansshop

An adj clutch is needed if you plan on clutchless shifting,but then you need a faceplated or dogring trans to really do that. I had a McLeod sintered iron adj clutch/G1o1A combo in my Mustang. It was fun,but not looking for any of that now...getting too old I guess!?

14. B E N

Love the Falcon, they are cool little cars! I have a 65' convertible mid resto sitting in the garage. I Like the t56 plan as well, I have a tr6060 sitting in the garage for the day the 5 speed in my mustang finally throws in the towel, I went with a McLeod twin disk clutch mostly because I want the lighter pedal, its rated to 1khp.

15. 74chlngrTT5.9

Awsome! I will be watching this one in envy.
    Looks like a great foundation to start.
    Tubs will absolutely necessary.
    Also good luck with the setup. The engine bays are small even with towers removed. Short as well.
    Not knowing your accessory plans but the Explorer pump and accessories are vastly shorter than the norm.

I have this one waiting in the wings as soon as Challenger EFI is handled.
    20200123_182608.jpg #ad

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    MCA, Pro-SC and Russell like this.
  16. Briansshop

It finally showed up,at 12:45 am!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Crazy, but after a quick look, I think it actually could only have 6k miles on it. Looks to be original paint. Time to get the sparks flying and some parts ordered!

17. Pro-SC

Wow, that car looks new!
    Bought my first car when I was 15, a 68 Mustang with a bad 200 six! I thought it was fast until I realized that my mother’s 1970 Toyota Corolla wagon could blow its doors off!
    Looking forward to the build, gonna be cool!

18. B E N

That thing would make an incredible sleeper. It's really pristine.

19. Mnlx

There could easily be some hurt feelings over cutting up a car like that... I'm following.

20. Briansshop

Yup,everyone, my wife included,is telling me I can't cut it up! My wife loves it so much as is,she wants me to buy something else to build.

I'm starting to agree. It drives unbelievably nice and is just super clean. Loaded 5 people in it today and went on a 45 mile cruise.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Drac0nic likes this.