1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

65 Falcon to 62 Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Briansshop, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Briansshop

I didn't post here that the 2nd ProDash also went out just a few power cycles after the start up vid. :bang:

Holley sent me another - 3rd - dash and said I'm on my own this time,no more warranty. They say the first 2 were "fried", with no other explanation then it has to be a wiring issues with the install. They say they don't see these types of failures very often,especially back to back in the same car. Makes sense,and I understand. It's just strange that I have no other issues except for the dash.

I figure I must have a "flyback" or transient voltage issue due to something else powering up or down at the same time. Made some changes: Dash power now isolated to it only and fed through a relay. Added a 1k uf cap and 18v TVS diode to the dash power. 10k uf cap across the power at the Leash board. Flyback diodes on both Line Lock solenoids and all relays. Hopefully that's the end of it,if it isn't,I'm lost!

3rd Dash installed and powered up/down a half dozen times,so far so good.

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    74chlngrTT5.9, BBR and Pro-SC like this.
  2. Briansshop

I thought a 24' for a minute. But just too big for what I need.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  3. Briansshop

Welded the brace between the strut mounts finally.

[​IMG]#ad

4. Briansshop

Been hitting the streets,about 120 miles on it. Having fun!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. Pro-SC

That’s awesome Brian! How does it drive with the stick? How do you like the transmission? I gather you haven’t set up the clutch slipper/delay yet? I am interested in how you hook it up to the ecu. I forgot how much does that car weigh? It sure looks light, once you get that thing dialed in your going to fly!

Briansshop likes this.
  6. Briansshop

It's a lot of fun to drive. The trans being a big part of that. Shifts great and is quiet,a good thing because the rest of the car is pretty loud! But I'm loving it. I've set up/tested the clutch control,and it works,at least with the engine off. Can't really test it until I get more break in miles on the ring/pinion. Gates at 6psi right now. I've done a few pulls at about60-70% TPS and it's fast for sure. Weighs 3150lbs without me. Not as light as I wanted, but for being all steel floor and a heavy drivetrain, I'm thinking not too bad.

7. 62CometTurbo

Looks killer man!

8. Briansshop

Been doing a lot of tuning,driving,tweaking. Had to pull and reseal the intake,was pulling oil out of the valley. Also swapped out to some lighter valve springs,the included AFRs were set up for a solid roller,way too much spring. Got about 600 miles on it atm. It's fast for sure,on 7psi,faster than the Lighting was on 20psi. I admit to being a bit - just a little - intimidated by it! LOL!!!!!

tbird, 74chlngrTT5.9, Russell and 5 others like this.
  9. 1windsor1

Thing is awesome! Enjoy driving it!!

Briansshop likes this.
  10. Briansshop

Thanks. What's the latest on yours?

11. 1windsor1

Body work is done, getting turbo hot side made then off to wiring and plumbing. Hoping by end of year to be driving it.

Briansshop likes this.
  12. mld54

I didn't like that body style at all when I was young, now it's awesome. The car looks great Brian.

Briansshop likes this.
  13. Briansshop

Ugly is cool now!

That reminds me,didn't post my next project here. My Son found it online,showed me and I had to grab it.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

62CometTurbo likes this.
  14. Briansshop

69 Austin America. Plan is a chassis and V8/TKO. Not sure on the exact details yet,it'll be a while before I get on it.

62CometTurbo, 74chlngrTT5.9 and B E N like this.
  15. Briansshop

Have about 1k miles on the Fairlane now. I started to get comfortable with the power at 7psi,so I swapped in 10psi springs,LOL! I've driven it into DC twice for lunch,about a 60 mile round trip.

[​IMG]#ad

16. az92coupe

These projects are easy to start... but really hard to follow through to completion on. You've done an amazing job, and are an inspiration to all of us idiots out here that lose motivation 6 months into a project. Great job!!! Keep it running!! Keep enjoying it!!!

17. Briansshop

^^ Thanks!

18. 1windsor1

That’s awesome. I’m about 10 miles west of DC myself.

Briansshop likes this.
  19. 62CometTurbo

What kind of power you think it's making? Sits awesome.

20. Briansshop

I'd think it has to be around 8-900hp,comparing to the Lightning.

Pro-SC and 62CometTurbo like this.