1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Grass Roots $2010 Turbo LSC Lincoln Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Kerrdogg, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Kerrdogg

Found a gem to build for Grassroots Motorsports Mag's $2010 challenge in October. Picked up the car for $500 from a fellow board member (Thank's Wallace), sold off over $300 off the car so far with a few other tricks up my sleeve. Car is getting a meth kit and some parts and pieces of an old Turbo Engineering low mount kit a customer of ours had for a decent price. A 95 Mustang convert donated it's rear springs and a 94 donated its front end and front brakes. Going with coil overs to try to get this beast to handle and have pulled about 400 lbs of weight out so far with a few more hundred hiding from the knife...

BTW the box of wiring (30lbs worth) is what I have removed so far that is unnecessary from the seats forward, still have the back of the car to tackle, the a/c will still blow, stereo will still work as well as the power windows and locks, gotta have some creature comforts. Car should appear mostly stock to the untrained eye.

Here's some pics hopefully I'll stay focused and will have more details soon.

build1.jpg #ad

build2.jpg #ad

build3.jpg #ad

build4.jpg #ad

build6.jpg #ad

build7.jpg #ad

build5.jpg #ad

2. TwinTrouble

Looks good John, i'll be following!

PS - got the tube and bungs today! Great stuff like always. Thanks again!

3. Agent86

what about the Zephyr???????

4. Kerrdogg

The Z is resting at a friends shop. It's too nice to do this to so I am patiently waiting for him to get caught up. They do awesome fab work and his lead fab guy can weld stainless like I can spread room temp butter on a sandwhich :D ! That car is getting a 5.3 I have along with a built 4l80, built 8.8 and full race suspension and brakes, super slick paint and an interior redo. Goal with the Z is drive to the track getting 25 mpg and ripping off 9 second et's something that would hard for the LSC to do or on a $2010 budget :cheers:.

5. blk mk8

nice setup

6. bgjohnson

Not a bad lookin lincoln!!

7. Fury Fan

Cool project! Nice to see something different!

8. Shearer

Very cool! I love the GRM challenges and yet I still have not attended one. We always did decent with the performance categories, never did well in the concourse.

9. blk mk8

can you put a giant wing on the back. that would be great!

10. UJUSTLOST

Great project. Cant wait to see the finished product.

11. Kerrdogg

Wings, hmm I have a couple of these, maybe one on the front and one on the rear like a lambo???

P1010009.JPG #ad

12. blk mk8

i would love to come see the car, and big Lincolns with big wings are just funny and cool. my supercharged markVIII daily driver sure does love this cold weather in south Florida.

13. De-Marko

Cool Build. I used to have a black '90 LSC SE. Great cars. :2thumbs:

14. denmah

haha yes! i love this stuff.

i will be watching!

15. NewTune

Kinda ricey but go for it. Why the hell not.

16. Scott02GT

The point is to be goofy...

Jon you should put two ont he front and back, it would mean 2 times the HP gain hahah

17. Agent86

Stack them !! doesnt that compound the effect?? :D

18. Kerrdogg

Worked on the LSC Sunday, more gutting took place, removed another 30 lbs of wiring and 20 lbs of BS. My 99 brakes arrived as did the 01 Mustang shocks and struts. She willll be rolling again this weekend, right outside for a major pressure cleaning! Got the dash cracks bondoed up so some sanding is in order, AC box has been gutted but evaporator is still there. I blocked all the doors so only the MAx AC function will work and scrounged a Mustang fan speed switch and resistor for $8 at the local U-pick. Almost ready to start reinstalling the parts that didn't fall into the dumpster, still debating a 5 speed conversion, frigging sold a perfect one a few months ago very cheap just to get it out of the garage, hmm...

19. bgjohnson

People want your first born for a T-5 anymore. I sold a good one for $250 a few years back, now I see them for no less than $350-400.

20. vader_turbo

like this?

Attached Files:

• st2.bmp
      File size:
      225.1 KB
      Views:
    • st.bmp
      File size:
      225.1 KB
      Views: