1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hellion 5.0 turbo upgrade?

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Jlibbey, May 9, 2021.

1. Jlibbey

Installing a hellion street heat kit on my old 89 coupe. I was wondering what’s the biggest turbo you can fit I have a vsr 7875 haven’t tried to fit yet anyone upgrade from the stock kits turbo ? Thanks

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. nxcoupe

No clue, but post this in the turbo tech question section and you'll get a bunch of replies

Jlibbey likes this.
  3. az92coupe

Problem is, not a lot of people here have experience with the Hellion kits. I have one of their very early original 5.0 kits (prior to their renaming them). It came with a Turbonetics 62-1. I put on ON3 7875 on it eventually and it was pretty straightforward.. it's been a really long time, but I don't remember having to make any changes to the down-pipe for it. The newer kits like you have altered the turbo placement and tweaked a bunch of little things.. but just going off of turbo size and footprint, I think that's about as big as you can go without reworking the hot-side and downpipe a bunch?

Jlibbey likes this.
  4. Jlibbey

Did you have to cut or clearance anything? I just installed a set of solid motor mounts in the car . L

5. az92coupe

Nope, nothing was altered when I swapped mine. But again.. my kit was an early kit with different turbo placement. I have a old build thread for that car on here somewhere.. I'll try and find it so you can at least look at pictures.

Edit: Here is the build thread on that car. It seems like a lot of the original pictures are missing from the thread though. I'll look through my archive and see what kinda pictures I can dig up after work tonight. https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/91-coupe-1st-gen-hellion-kit.381245/

6. Jlibbey

Thanks for the thread. The kit I have has front cross over . The 62mm might just do thanks