1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

T67 BG CUSTOM TURBO SN95 Build (Updated 2-14-10)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by blacksaleen95, Aug 19, 2006.

1. blacksaleen95

So I'm finally starting this beast. This is actually just a temporary setup, I've got a dart 363 setup with an aode that I'm going to be putting in this car, but I have a lot to get for that still and I was able to throw this setup together with some extra stuff I had. Here's what I've got:

rebuilt 302 with some good 'ol hypers..... :lh:
    F-cam
    Afr 165's
    TFS Track heat
    42 lb injectors
    twin 255's
    Precision T67
    38mm tial wastegate
    50mm tial blowoff
    AEM EMS
    "dynamic" c4 (fixed by me)
    355 rear w/detroit locker
    all tubular suspension

The car has been sitting for a couple years due to other projects and buying parts for the dart setup. I'm just getting a feel for what I'm going to have to buy for pipe to plumb the cold side and make my downpipe and exhaust. I plan on running a 3" dp that runs to a electric cutout then splits to dual 2.5 into dynomax ultra-flos. I've got a lot of work ahead of me, I've still got to rebuild my C4, weld the intercooler, finish the coldside pipe and dp, put in the interior and add the additional sensors that I plan on using with my aem(3.5 bar map, IAT, knock sensor, wg selenoid. I plan on keeping the a/c, p/s and making it pass emissions...hahah hopefully it'll go through. I'll try to take pics as I go, but I'm kind of lazy so if you guys want some just let me know and I'll take a few as I go.

I've got the poly motor mounts, I had to modify the driver side one because it was hitting one of the primaries, but that seems like it's going to be not a big deal now as I'm going to put 1/4 spacers between the block and mounts now to lift the engine a bit. Where the pipes merge up it hits my framerail. I've had these headers for a couple years, and am just getting around to put them on, I see by some of the other posts that Brian has altered his WG location. Mine appears as it's in the old location, I plan on moving it to where he currently has it which is behind the alt. It should really make plumbing the dp and cold side a lot easier. I hope to have this thing back on the road within a couple weeks. I'm workin 50hrs a week so the only time I really get some work done is on the weeekends.

If anyone has done the BG install or has any tips feel free to chime in. Hopefully i'll be splittting this block in no time;) lol

2. Allen2001GT

Re: T67 B&G SN95 Build

looks good man. i'll be referring back to this thread to see your progress. by the way block splitting sounds fun. :chacha: :D

3. blacksaleen95

My parts are starting to come in. Hopefully I'll have a lot this week so I can get some work done this weekend. Rims and tires came today 8)

18x9 in the front on a 265/35/18 falken
    18x10 in the rear on a 305/35/18 nitto 555R

I just got the tires from discount tires direct and even shipped they were a lot cheaper than anyone local. I def reccommend them. I'm sure I'm going to have to roll my fender lip and break out the BFH because these things are massive.

4. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi,
    You can't move the wg mount to behind the alt on the 94-95's as the alt sits to far back. Looking good so far. any updates?

5. Alex in Houston

No fender rolling needed on A SN95 to clear those. I have the same set-up (Bullits instead of Saleens) on a lowered car and they fit with room to spare.

6. eades5.0

Subscribng

7. blacksaleen95

I'll have some more pics tonight.... I've been waiting on so many stupid little parts that are keeping me from moving forward.

8. blacksaleen95

more pics....

I'm waiting on stupid misc parts that are keeping me from getting stuff done.... I'm supposed to have them in this week so I should be able to get a lot of work done> I plan on doing a lot of the cold side pipe and maybe the downpipe tomorrow. Right now the engine and trans is just in for mock up.... I still have to finish rebuilding my c4, I'm waiting on pump gears. I plan on relocating my ABS to the driver side since it'd be in the way on the pass side. I'm going to make a harness that goes between the abs and chassis harness, and obviously have to modify the brake lines. However, since this is just my temp setup until I get the rest of the stuff to finish my dart setup, I fiugre I'm going to have to move it anyways since i'll be mounting that turbo on the passs side too.

I'm using a chop saw to cut all my pipe, I just got the thing back together, it's been sitting with a broken hinge> I just got the hinge welded and I still have to adjust the blade so it cuts straight, its an a little bit of an angle right now. I'm using a fox tb instead of hte sn95 setup... I bought the intercooler and welded the ends on, I used 3" pipe off the i/c in retrospect I should have used 2.5 which would have given me more room and would have been large enough for my setup.

I just got a dual spal setup off ebay, it looks like it's going to fit pretty well on my fluidyne rad. I have a lot of work to do, but I should get a lot done tomorrow and this week. If you guys have any pic requests or any questoins let me know, Hopefully I can help someone out with what im doin. I'll get some pics of the hotside setup etc after I get the i/c mounted. I didn't want to move it off the jackstands and bring the car down just yet. When I did put the i/c on the tubing was hitting the flange portion of the 5mph bumpers, a quick trim with the sawzall worked well.

also the tires are mounted (305/35/18 nittos) and they don't appear to rub. Not sure if I'm going to have to roll the fender lip though yet. Sorry for the mess under the car, I have to clean up the rear end and shit still.

Picture 002.jpg #ad

Picture 003.jpg #ad

Picture 004.jpg #ad

Picture 005.jpg #ad

Picture 006.jpg #ad

Picture 001.jpg #ad

9. Maximumrisk

Don't you just hate that $hit. You set your mind to do certain amount of work on a day, then when you are about to start, you realize that you need one fitting for the fuel rail, so you cannot install the intake, therefore you can not mock up your cold side then...then.... :bang: :bang: :bang: There goes your day. :)

On another note your set up looks pretty good. Love the front bumper is that the "S2000" Saleen conversion?

10. Alex in Houston

You will NOT have to roll the fender lips. I have the same size rimes/tires on a lowered 95 model

Plenty room (with some to spare)

11. blacksaleen95

Thanks, no it's just the regular sn95 saleen body kit. I kinda wish I could have the I/c a little lower so it gets more air but I dont want it lower than the bumpercover..... I'll prob take a notch out of the metal bumper to get more airflow to it..

I'm glad I won't have to roll the fenderlips, the car was painted recently and I'd hate to f something up and have the paint peel or crack up where I bend the metal.

12. blacksaleen95

so I got most of the cold side done. Pretty happy wiht how it came out considering I've never done it before and I haven't tigged in a long time(so no raggin on the welds) On the pipe from the i/c to the tb theres a little misalignment where the straight coupling is so I'm going to get a hump coupling, as I've got them on the i/c end and I like them a lot. I'll have the ends of the tubing beaded tomorrow.

I'm really not looking forward to doing the downpipe, it looks like its gonna be some crazy shit coming off the turbo....

I got the bends from racing solutions and the couplings from race part solutions. RPS has impressed me with their stuff, quick shipping and TM discount makes me happy. I'll be placing my 3rd order in a week tomorrow.

So this is where I stand right now, i've been tracking the rest of my shit and it'll be in on the 12th, so I'll try to finish up my downpipe before all that stuff comes in.

If any of you guys have some dp pics could you post them maybe I can get a better idea of what I'm going to have to do. Thanks

Picture 008.jpg #ad

Picture 009.jpg #ad

Picture 010.jpg #ad

Picture 011.jpg #ad

13. blacksaleen95

more pics

Picture 012.jpg #ad

Picture 013.jpg #ad

Picture 014.jpg #ad

14. kmracer

looks really clean.

15. blacksaleen95

so I finally got a chance to take some more pics.....this is where I left off a couple days ago... I'm waiting on one fuel fitting so I can put my upper on and finish off everything on top of the engine... After that all I have left to do is wire in some relays for my dual spals, fuel pumps and trans brake....and wire up the GM solenoid, GM Map and the wb02... Hopefully I'll get everything done and be able to fire it up this weekend... The cold side and the downpipe i had to fab up... I also made an alum tube for a lower rad hose instead of buying that flex one. If anyone has any questions let me know... Here's a bunch of random pics..

Let me know what you guys think

PDR_0076.JPG #ad

PDR_0077.JPG #ad

PDR_0078.JPG #ad

PDR_0079.JPG #ad

16. blacksaleen95

moree

PDR_0080.JPG #ad

PDR_0081.JPG #ad

PDR_0082.JPG #ad

PDR_0083.JPG #ad

17. blacksaleen95

morex2

PDR_0084.JPG #ad

PDR_0085.JPG #ad

PDR_0086.JPG #ad

PDR_0087.JPG #ad

18. blacksaleen95

picss

PDR_0088.JPG #ad

19. tommyboy

Re: T67 B&G SN95 Build (Updated 10-18-06)

nice setup!! i had the same wheels and tires on my 95 saleen...i just had to beat the inner fenders in the rear...but i had the 10.5's, and i took out the quad shocks :2thumbs:

20. Maximumrisk

Re: T67 B&G SN95 Build (Updated 10-18-06)

Looks really good man, congrats. :2thumbs: