1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin Turbocharging 63 Studebaker lark 289

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by casey86cuda, May 1, 2014.

1. casey86cuda

Hi everybody here my 63 Studebaker Lark Standard . Little bit about the car and my plans to turbocharge it.This car was a true stripper car came rubber floor mats, radio delete, drivers only sunvisor &armrest only, no outside trim no emblems only one that says studebaker drivers fender, poverty hubcaps on factory 15 inch wheels, car weighs 2600 lbs.The car came with 289 that ran but smoked little from what I have read could just be valve guides are wore.The 28o came from factory with steel crank, forge rods, forged rocker arm, high nickle block pretty stout for factory motor.Ok heres my question this is going to be a buget build I will by new parts when I can but also I want to see if I can build this system with used parts ie tubos maybe jy turbos Im not sure I just want to do it myself.I plan on making my own headers I can buy the flanges and tubing from a place called hellsgate fabrication they also sell turbo flanges.I will need help were to put wastegates and blow of valves please be patience Im just learning here are pictures of rango yes I named him lol

20140427_151635.jpg #ad

20140427_151735_7_bestshot.jpg #ad

20140427_151623.jpg #ad

20140427_151755_8_bestshot.jpg #ad

20140427_151932.jpg #ad

2. 91turboterror

Cool project. A pair of SVO or turbocoupe turbos would work good on a 289.

3. MinnesotaFats13

What an awesome build!! Good luck with it, I will be watching.

4. casey86cuda

Thanks guys I have alot to learn Im clearing out a spot for rango in the shop will be starting tearing down in couple weeks I will be posting pictures as I go along any help and advice I would be greatful becuase Im a newbie to turbos but want to learn.