1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

302 gaskets

Discussion in 'Pushrod Tech' started by Wallace, May 8, 2024.

1. Russell

Sounds like I should get the stage 8s. I think I have at three or four different fasteners hold my headers on now. I always just finds something that works.

How do you like them? How are they to take off?

2. ummduh

I think your level of disdain for them is directly related to how difficult it is to get to your bolts. My headers have 1 3/4" primaries on the stock little sbf pattern... They're a real SOB to deal with. Luckily I have little fingers.

But they stay on.

3. ummduh

I somehow didn't answer your last question.

Just do it over concrete and not the grass or dirt or something so you can find the clips that slip through your fingers and hit the ground.

Russell likes this.
  4. Wallace

I'll try the remflex. I'm using the arp 12 point with 5/16" I can get the boxed end on them and really crank them down.
    My log manifolds rear ports on both sides moved enough that I had to cut the welds most of the way, heat with a torch and then tighten. Everything is flat and tight checking with a .005" feeler gauge.
    Once I get the gaskets I'll pressure check to be sure. It's all locked up on the engine stand.

ummduh likes this.
  5. B E N

I really like the Stage 8 for SBF. The set I have has an Allen key slot and the external hex, which makes them easier to put on with tighter tubes. With a 1/4" drive Allen socket on a wobble they go in quick. The clips are kind of a pain, but it's so much better than dealing with bolts backing out.

6. Pro-SC

They stage 8 bolts are the only ones I have used for a long time. Once you have them in properly with the clips nothing works better at keeping them tight.
    The 1-3/4” primary tubes on the stock 2” bolt pattern is a bitch that’s for sure, between fitting the bolts and especially the way the gasket is so narrow at the bolt holes.

ummduh likes this.
  7. ummduh

Well I may have spoke too soon.. Looks like my remflex is leaking at #3. Going to try tightening it up once it cools down.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
  8. ummduh

Yep, pretty good leak at #3, remains after tightening.

They claim no retorque, but every single bolt was really loose, so they had to have settled in. Their "100% satisfaction guarantee" is only good for 6 months from purchase.

9. Wallace

I ended up with some fel pro gaskets from a local shop. No leaks. I did order the 3028 remflex from summit but USPS hasn't delivered seems to be lost in GA.