1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

64 ford galaxie turbo build..

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Fordman67, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Fordman67

Sooo I'm going to order bov ,wastegate etc this weekend. I keep going back and forth between 44&50mm wastegate

How does one determine which would be more fitting for the application?

Thanks!

2. B E N

Its hard to go too big, especially if you are going to run some sort of boost controller. Are you running one or two on this?

3. Fordman67

I was reading and some people advise to not oversize the wg or it could be too effective and hard to control. I have no experience and am trying to learn. I ended up with a 44mm nib from a buddy that ordered and not use. I planned just on running on the spring at 5-8 psi? This likely is only the first iteration for this deal so we will see.

4. B E N

You might get some creep, but it could be alright if the priority is good enough. You can always add a second down the road.

5. Fordman67

I have a 3.5" diameter down pipe. Would it make sense to do a single 4" exhaust with some sort of straight thru muffler? I have the upper cross member in for the Ridetech 4 link and the upper control arms vs tail pipes on my old exh are drastically at odds. I was going to use the 3" duals with a y to the downpipe but I think that plan is over