1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lt1/trick flows-vortec or standard sbc efi intake

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by boooost383, Apr 3, 2010.

1. boooost383

i got a lt1 and im putting lt1 trick flow heads. i was just looking on summit and was wondering if i need vortec style intake or standard sbc style intake

2. TwiSSted350

You need a LT1 specific intake. LT1 intake manifolds are dry (no coolant flowing through) and the bolt holes are spaced differently.

3. slammed98gmc

the only efi intakes for the lt1 are the eldelbrock units. There are not single plane efi intakes at all. You have to make your own. I started out with a vortec efi single plane intake and ended up with a lt1 single plane efi intake.

4. TerroRx7

you can use a normal SBC victor JR intake
    just lay down the LT1 intake gasket on it and drill the different holes and JB weld the unused holes
    you can also hack the water passages and weld their openings

like this one
    [​IMG]#ad

5. boooost383

thanks for all the input

6. slammed98gmc

how well do the ports line up with the sbc intake? what I have read that they did not line up well at all.
    Looks like the heads are drilled for the sbc pattern in the middle also. I wanted to that, but When I did mine, the motor was already built and I didnt want to take it apart.

7. TerroRx7

I got this pic from another website years a go

but I've redrilled a Victor JR SBC intake and used it on LT1 heads with no problems at all
    grab intake gaskets for LT1 and SBC and compare them, the only differences are water passages & difrerent holes

3rd Gen F-body owners are using LT1 intake manifolds as an upgrade to the TPI manifold with no issues as well
    ( with additional modifications to let water flow between heads )

check this

SBC gasket on LT1 intake

http://www.fbody.com/3gen/72208

http://www.lt1intake.com/